- The participants will draw their observations of light going through acrylic blocks and lenses.
- The participants will use ray optics to graphically predict the size and location of an image.
- The participants will follow the telescope’s/microscope’s image production process from the object all the way to the eye’s retina.
- The participants will mount and use simple two-lens telescope, and try varying lens combinations.
- The participants will identify a plasma by its emission lines, and the presence of an element in a stellar spectrum.
- The participants will use a filter to block out unwanted glare of one color of light and distinguish an object from the background using another color.
- Participants will be able to inform others on the result of spectroscopic studies by the Hubble and the Spitzer Space Telescopes.
- Participants will draw several terrestrial and astronomical objects as they are seen by the naked eye and through a telescope.