Goals & Objectives
- An introduction to the basics of vision and ray optics.
- A ray-optical introduction to the eye, perspective, a camera, a simple two-lens telescope and a simple microscope, from the object to the retina.
- The mounting and use of a simple two-lens telescope.
- An introduction to the identification of materials by means of their absorption and emission spectra.
- An introduction to the use of light filters in general and for telescopes in particular.
- Review of results on elemental abundances by the Hubble and Spitzer telescopes.
- Observation of the Sun through a dedicated solar telescope and of the Moon, planets, nebulas, galaxies and other available objects.