- Impress the reality of radiation by allowing visitors to actually see radiation particle tracks.
- Show the existence of background radiation, and compare the ever present background radiation level to radiation levels from other sources on Earth, during flight, in Earth orbit and during interplanetary travel.
- Compare the relative contributions to background radiation from Earth, solar system and deep space sources.
- Explain the relationship between radiation dosage and its effects.
- Explain how we protect ourselves from radiation from local sources, and how the Earth’s magnetic field and its atmosphere protect all life on Earth from extraterrestrial sources of radiation.